cheese steak wellington (airfryer)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds chopped steak
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-4 tablespoons saltine crackers or bread crumbs, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons saltine crackers
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup red wine
- mozzarella, jack or colby jack cheese
- 2 sheets puff pastry thaw out according to the pkg
- Heat Air Fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter.
- Add onion, garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add steak and cook until rare, medium rare, or medium.
- Turn the heat down, and add herbs and red wine, cook until the liquid is reduced a bit.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Add crushed crackers and 1 beaten egg.
- On a lightly floured surface lay out the pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 4 squares
- Top with thin layer of cheese
- Put 1/4 of meat mixture (formed into flattened balls) on top.
- Pull corners up over meat and pinch edges together.
- Cut small slits on top.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg.
- Bake, seam sides down, for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and meat is cooked through. Be sure to check it at about 20 minutes.