Creamy Zuppa Toscana
- 3 cans (14 ounces) Chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 cups kale or chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel. Cook the sausage and set aside.
- Skin each potato and slice in half and make about 1/4 inch slices. You can slice these into fourths making the potatoes more bite sized.
- Bring a large pot with the chicken broth to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, saute the onion and garlic until tender and set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, add sausage, onion, garlic, bacon and chopped spinach to the pot. Boil for a couple of minutes until the spinach starts to wilt. Reduce heat and add heavy cream.
- Cook until heated through and add salt and pepper to taste.