Pulled Pork Shoulder
- 1 8-10 pound bone-in pork shoulder roast AKA Boston butt
- Use the ribs dry rub but add some mustard.
- 225 degrees F
- Smoke the pork until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 195 degrees F. You can cook to 201 degrees F if you like softer pork. This process can take anywhere between 15-20 hours, depending on the consistency of heat in your smoker and the size of your pork shoulder.
- Remove rest for at least an hour before shredding.
- Pull apart the shoulder, discarding any chunks of fat or gristle.