Ultimate Pumpkin Pie
- Use the lard crust on this site. Allow to fully cool before filling.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt
- 1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- Using whisk, mix first 6 ingredients in bowl until no lumps remain. Blend in pumpkin, whipping cream, sour cream and eggs.
- Add to crust.
- Bake until filling puffs at edges and center is almost set, about 55 minutes. Cool on rack. Cover; chill until cold. (Can be made 1 day ahead.)
- Even though the center of the pie is wet when done it firms up nicely when it cools.
- I'm curious if this can get even fluffier by folding in 2 or 3 whipped egg whites.