Light and Fluffy Pumpkin Pie
- 1 medium pie pumpkin or 1 can pumpkin
- 1 C sugar
- 1.5 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. All Spice
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pie crust, or 2 small pie crusts
- for fresh: slice the pumpkin in half, clean out the goo. Place face down on a cookie sheet, cover with foil, bake 375 for 1.5 hours. when cool, scrape the pumpkin flesh from the peel. Add the flesh to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except egg whites, blend.
- whip egg whites, fold in
- Pour into pie crust(s). Use tinfoil around the edges to keep the crust from getting extra dark.
- bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then 350 for 45-55 more minutes. Pie should NOT giggle when done.