Ground Beef "Wellington"
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 Tbs. bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ Tbs. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped parsley
- ½ Cup: white onion
- 4 large cloves Garlic (minced)
- ¼ Tbs. celery seed
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup melted butter with Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a baking sheet
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic. Cook and stir until the onion and garlic has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes, celery seed. Meanwhile, beat the egg in a bowl, add to ground beef. Also mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cooked vegetable mixture. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Separate the crescent rolls into 4 squares, sealing all seams. Divide the meat mixture among the crescent roll squares, and then wrap the dough around the meat, ensuring all seams are closed. Place seam – side down onto the prepared baking sheet and brush melted garlic butter over the pastries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry has turned golden – brown, and the center of the pastries register 1600F on a kitchen thermometer, about 30 to 40 minutes. Roughly 15 minutes through baking apply another coating of melted garlic butter to pastries and allow to finish baking. Slice in half and enjoy. You can apply leftover melted garlic butter to pastries after slicing, IF DESIRED.