- 12 medium green peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups white rice
- 5 medium tomatoes or 2 large cans whole tomatoes
- Cook the rice.
- Simmer the tomatoes over low heat for about 30 minutes. When finished mash them with a potato masher.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Allow all ingredients to cool.
- Cut the tops off of the green peppers. Remove the seeds and groom the tops.
- Fold the ground beef, rice, and 2/3 of the tomatoes together.
- Stuff the green peppers with the mixture, sprinkle with tomatoes. Place the top of the pepper back on top.
- Place in a tin baking pan. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot.