Aunt Hazel's Sticky Buns
- 1/3 dough from Aunt Hazel's Rolls recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup black walnut pieces
- 2, 3 or 4 sticks of better (depends on the condition of your heart, more is better)
- roll out the dough on a lightly dusted with flour surface into a rectangle
- spread as much butter onto the dough as your heart will allow
- sprinkle the raisins and walnuts
- roll the dough into a log along the long edge (so it is a long log, not short)
- cut into 1 or 1 1/2 inch rounds
- place in a deep bottom cast iron frying pan
- bake 25-28 minutes until golden brown
- cool 3 minutes and then invert onto a plate.
- the gooeyness seeps back into the rolls making a moist chewy roll of deliciousness.
- eat as soon as they won't buun your mouth
- will save on the counter for a couple of days. refrigerate if you need to save them longer.