Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 8 ounces lobster meat cooked, chopped, about 2 cups *see note
- 16 ounces dry pasta cavatappi, penne or shells
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 ¼ cups Gruyere cheese shredded, or swiss cheese, mozzarella, or havarti
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir in flour and seasonings and cook 2 minutes.
- Combine milk and cream. Add to the flour mixture a little bit at a time whisking in after each addition. The mixture will be very thick at first but will smooth out as you continue adding liquid.
- Once all of the liquid is added, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes or until thickened while whisking.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses whisking until the sauce is smooth and melted.
- Combine the sauce and the pasta. Gently stir in half of the lobster meat and spread into the prepared pan.
- Add remaining lobster meat on top and sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and topping is browned. Do not overcook.