- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Green onion
- Cooked bacon
- Cook the cauliflower: This recipe starts by steaming or boiling a head of cauliflower. If you are buying cauliflower florets this is about 6 cups. Personally, I boil mine in 2 cups of chicken broth until they are fork tender. I think this adds a richness that this recipe would otherwise lack. However, you can use water in a pinch.
- Mash the cauliflower: Once the cauliflower is tender, drain the liquid and transfer to a mixing bowl. Then it’s time to add all the good stuff, cream cheese, butter, cheese, garlic, and spices. Mash or blend (using an immersion blender) until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Bake the casserole: Once the cauliflower reaches consistency you like, transfer it to a baking dish (I use my 12-inch cast iron skillet), then top with shredded cheddar and parmesan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until gold and bubbly.
- Add the toppings: Top with cooked chopped bacon, green onions, sour cream and freshly cracked pepper!