Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh miniature marshmallows (we tried stale once and totally regretted it)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and allspice.
- Place sweet potatoes into a 4-qt slow cooker. Stir in butter mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours, or until tender.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until melted.
- broil in the over until those marshmallows are a golden brown.
- Serve immediately.