squash and zucchini salad
- 12 Ounce box tri-color Rotini pasta
- 2 Tbs quality oil (like safflower)
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lbs baloney cut into bite sized pieces(I like the kind with cheddar cheese).
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 medium can black olives, sliced
- 30 cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2. (whole if you have to use grape tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup fresh diced oregano
- 1/3 cup quality oil
- salt & pepper
- cook the pasta per al dente instructions. Immediately drain. Put it in a large bowl and stir in 2 Tbs oil.
- cut the squash and zucchini into bit sized pieces. Microwave for 5 or 6 minutes. Should be tender with some crunch. not mushy! Add to the bowl.
- add remaining ingredients to the bowl, stir.
- Allow to sit for at least two hours.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.