Green Bean Casserole
- 2 pounds fresh green beans (cut off stems and possibly cut in 1/2 depending on how you like your beans)
- 2/3 cup milk
- dash worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 cans cream of mushroom soup or 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- Combine green beans, milk, salt, & black pepper, and in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Add Parmesan cheese, cream of chicken soup, and half the can of French-fried onions
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Stir every 1/2 hour (yeah right, as if you have time for that. Stir at LEAST every hour)
- Check the beans. They should be getting a bit soft but still crunchy. If not you might need to cook on high for a bit. This is an art not a science- some people like crunchier beans and some like them as limp as a noodle.
- Cook 2 more hours. Check them often and switch between keep warm, low, or high as you consider your target crunchiness/limpness.
- Top casserole with remaining French-fried onions and broil in oven for a FEW minutes. Watch it constantly. That stuff burns quickly.