Three Bean Salad
- 2-15 ounce cans Red Kidney Beans (dark or light)
- 2-15 ounce cans cut Green Beans
- 4 ounce jar diced pimentos, with juice
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar (use less!!!, try 1/3, maybe 1/2, non diabetics go ahead, become one and use the full 1 cup)
- u00e2u2026u201d cup olive oil (or oil of your choice, vegetable is fine)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place all beans in a colander and rinse well.
- In mason jar (or bowl), place sugar, vinegar, oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Place lid on and shake well to mix.
- Place beans in a large bowl. Add chopped onion and pimentos with juice. Pour dressing over all and stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours (preferably overnight).
- Important: A few hours before serving, stir again really well and return to fridge to continue marinating.
- Will keep for at least a week in the fridge.