- 2 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small egg, beaten (use 2 Tbs, discard the remainder)
- Coconut Oil (must not taste like coconut)
- Chop bread into tiny pieces.
- Fold it all together gently without breaking the crab meat up.
- Form into about 3 or 4 patties and place on wax paper.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes to let them stick together a bit better.
- Fry in medium hot coconut oil, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- Server on a soft roll, over a bed of lettuce, or just by themselves. Goes great with creamy caper sauce (also available here)