Crab Cakes with Panko
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- (or substitute celery salt and pepper above for 2 tsp Old Bay)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tiny shallot chopped finely
- 1 1/4 cups Panko
- 1 Lbs lump crab meat
- Coconut oil to fry them in.
- Roll the crab meat around in your hand to find and discard any shells. Be careful not to break up the meat- lumps are good.
- Mix together all the ingredients except Panko and Crab meat.
- Add 3/4 cups Panko and the crabs meat, fold very gently and form into about 4-6 cakes. Place the cakes on wax paper and chill for at least 10 minutes.
- Coat the crab cakes with 1/2 cup of Panko.
- Cook in medium hot Coconut Oil turning once, about 6 - 8 minutes total.
- Server on a soft roll, over a bed of lettuce, or just by themselves. Goes great with creamy caper sauce (also available here)