- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cold Schmaltz or cold butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Stir in the herbs, if using.
- Cover and refrigerate
- drop into hot liquid, cook at 425 F for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered, toothpick should come out clean and the dumplings should be golden brown.