Blackened Chicken with Bean & Corn Salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- couscous (optional)
- Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub on both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in medium heat 4-5 minutes each side, until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Put bean mixture on a serving dish; top with chicken.
- If desired, serve with couscous for a complete, healthy meal 🙂