Baked Maryland Blue Crab Dip
- 6 oz/170 g fresh Maryland blue crab jumbo lump, gently picked clean
- 1/2 cup/75 g finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup/25 g finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbs snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup/120 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 oz/115 g whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp pepper relish
- 1/4 cup/20 g panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Place the crab in a medium bowl and pick with your fingers. In another medium bowl combine in the mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, pepper relish. Whip it. Add bell pepper, parsley, and chives. Using a rubber or silicone spatula, gently stir in the crab. Transfer to a small oven safe crock.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko and lemon zest.
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 425F. Just before baking, sprinkle the panko mixture on top and bake until the panko is toasty brown and the dip is bubbling at the edges, about 12 minutes. Serve hot's.