- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups white rice
- 5 medium tomatoes or 2 large cans whole tomatoes
- Cook the rice.
- Simmer the tomatoes over low heat for about 30 minutes. When finished mash them with a potato masher.
- Using a large pot, boil the cabbage head in 2 inches of water for about 5 minutes. Let cool, then separate the leaves carefully trying not to rip them.
- Brown the ground beef.
- Allow all ingredients to cool.
- Fold the ground beef, rice, and 1/2 the tomatoes together.
- Use about 1/4 cup of mixture in each cabbage leaf, wrap the leaf around the mixture. Place in a tin baking pan. Sprinkle remaining tomatoes over the cabbage rolls.
- Will make about 4 small baking pans of stuffed cabbage rolls, can be frozen.
- Bake thawed cabbage rolls for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot.