- 1/4 cup fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups hot water
- 8 6-inch-diameter Vietnamese spring-roll sheets
- 4 small Bibb lettuce leaves, halved
- 1/2 cup thin strips green onions
- 1/2 cup thin strips seeded peeled cucumber
- Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Set dipping sauce aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger; sautu00c3u00a9 until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add shrimp and cilantro; sautu00c3u00a9 until shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour hot water into large bowl. Using tongs, dip 1 spring-roll sheet in water 5 seconds. Remove from water; place on wet towel. Let stand 30 seconds (spring-roll sheet should be soft and pliable; if still stiff, sprinkle with more water).
- Place half of lettuce leaf across top third of spring-roll sheet. Arrange 4 shrimp halves on lettuce. Top with 1 tablespoon each of green onions and cucumber. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon mint over filling. Fold sides of spring-roll sheet over ends of filling. Starting at filled side, roll into cylinder. Place on plate. Repeat with remaining spring-roll sheets, lettuce, shrimp, green onions, cucumber and mint. Serve with sauce.