- 1 batch butter crust pie dough
- 5 to 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, or as desired
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, potato starch, or flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350u00b0F.
- Roll out the pie dough and place the bottom crust in the pie pan. In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the lemon juice and sugars. Add the spices and vanilla, as desired. Add the thickener of your choice and stir to coat the peaches. Pour the peaches into the piecrust. Dot with butter.
- Add the top crust and make slits for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- You can peel the peaches as they are, or blanch them in hot water for 30 to 40 seconds, then put them in a bowl of cold water to cool before peeling.