German Potato Salad
- 8 slices real pork bacon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled whole rosemary leaves
- 2 quarts cooked diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, drain and crumble. Add flour and onion to the bacon fat left in the pan. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt and spices. Cook only until mixture is of medium thickness. Add to potatoes, parsley and crumbled bacon. Mix carefully to prevent mashing the potatoes.
- Recipe originally called for 1/2 cup of sugar. That was way too much, so we cut it down.