Turkey Bean Soup
- 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pounds left over cooked turkey
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney beans), drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Add everything except turkey, orzo, beans, and basil to a large pot. Simmer a good long while.
- Add beans and cook on low about 1 hour.
- Add turkey, orzo, and basil. Cook on low about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.