Shrimp Lemongrass Soup
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 6 slices gingerroot
- 1 lime
- 5 medium garlic cloves.
- 2 small red chilies
- 4 cups shrimp bisque
- 6 ounces tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 25 medium raw shrimp, peeled and de-viened with tails on
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Cut off the dry end and a few top leaves of the lemongrass stem. Bruise the stem with the handle of a knife and cut into 1-inch long pieces. Bruise the chilies, cut them in half, scoop out and discard the seeds. Slice the garlic very thinly.
- Bring the shrimp bisque to boil.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, and squeeze out 1/4 of the lime into the bisque.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- Add remaining lime to taste or serve as a garnish.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.