- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/3 cup Hi-maize Fiber
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon non-diastatic malt powder or sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- To make the dough: Mix and knead the dough ingredients u2014 by hand, mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle u2014 to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise until it's noticeably puffy, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and divide it into 6 pieces (about 3 1/4 ounces each). Shape into balls.
- Dip the top half of each roll into water, then into the seeds.
- Place the rolls into the cups of a lightly greased hamburger roll pan, or onto a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Press gently to flatten.
- Cover the rolls and let them rise until puffy, 30 to 40 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Bake the rolls until they're a deep golden brown, 22 to 26 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
- If desired, just before serving, reheat the rolls in a 375u00b0F oven for 5 minutes or so, to crisp.