- 2 cans chick peas, smashed
- 4 garlic cloves, dice finely
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 3/4 cup onion, dice finely
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients. Add just enough flour to hold the mixture together.
- (It seems like a lot of fresh parsley but it makes the falafel light, not dense)
- Form into 2" to 4" balls.
- Cook in hot oil, either a deep fryer or frying pan until golden brown.
- Makes great falafel sandwiches in pita bread with tahini sauce, cucumbers, lettuce and tomato.
- Credit goes to Larry Jennings, may he rest in peace. He was a great guy and these are the best falafel I've ever tastes.